Economic Measurement ConferenceVirtual Event hosted by the Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence
This event will feature Zhoudan Xie and Tara Sinclair.
The Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) will hold its annual conference, organized in partnership with the UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), online on 11-13 May 2021.
The conference is a meeting place for discussing recent research advances in economic measurement and statistics. The programme includes papers on many aspects of the measurement and use of economic statistics, focusing on the following:
- Measuring Productivity, Capital, Trade and the Labour Market
- Measuring Innovation, Inequality, Digital Economy and Welfare
- Measuring Output and Prices (including nowcasting models and use of alternative data sources)
- Methods (including data science and machine learning)
- Economic Statistics in Practice (aimed at the producers of statistics)
- Keynote Speakers
- Katharine Abraham (University of Maryland)
- Richard Blundell (University College London and Institute for Fiscal Studies)
- Paul Schreyer (OECD)
We are using Zoom to host all sessions. Should you have any questions you can contact us at [email protected].