February 2023 Joint Course Offering
Regulatory Economics for Food, Health, and
Environmental Risk & Safety Management
Meets Tuesday and Thursday 1-4pm ET via zoom,
February 2 – February 23, 2023
State and federal government professionals in risk management and assessment: This course is designed for you!
RSC is pleased to partner with the Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition at University of Maryland, the Office of Risk Analysis and Cost-Benefit within USDA, and the Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis to offer this course training professionals to conduct the types of economic analysis needed to evaluate risk management options in support of food, health, environmental, and safety regulations. Topics covered are applicable for all agencies and people who work with them.
Learn from current and former agency experts, including Regulatory Studies Center Director Susan E. Dudley.
- Basics of the Administrative Procedure Act and regulatory development process
- Starting line of what is required in analysis used to support regulations
- What goes into calculating the costs of a regulation
- What goes into calculating the benefits of a regulation, discounting, and transfers
- Distributional/incidence and environmental justice analysis
- Other analysis needed such as: impact on small business, international effects, Paperwork Reduction Act.
- Hands on exercise using examples of regulatory impact assessments