SBCA: European Conference
This event will feature Susan Dudley.
The Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis (SBCA) European Conference 2021 is hosted by the Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute, and supported by the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists. SBCA is an international group of practitioners, academics and others who are working to improve the theory and application of the tools of benefit cost analysis.
On both sides of the Atlantic, governments are working to modernize regulatory policies and processes, but on the surface, their approaches seem quite different. In the US, President Biden has directed agencies to take greater account of distributional impacts and equity in regulatory impact analysis. In Europe and Canada, governments are working to streamline regulation and reduce unnecessary costs, including experimenting with regulatory budgets. What do these different approaches mean for benefit-cost analysis of regulation? Speakers will address experiences in different countries and discuss whether these different approaches can be reconciled with each other and long-standing requirements for regulatory benefit-cost analysis.
- Susan Dudley -- Director, George Washington University Regulatory Studies Center
- Joseph Dunne -- Director, European Parliament Liaison Office in Washington DC
- Chris Carr -- Director, Better Regulation, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, United Kingdom
- Veronica Gaffey -- Chair, Regulatory Scrutiny Board, European Commission
- Tina Green -- Assistant Secretary, Regulatory Affairs, Treasury Board Secretariat, Canada
- Sabeel Rahman -- Senior Counselor, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, USA
- Andrea Renda -- Senior Research Fellow and Head of Global Governance, Regulation, Innovation & Digital Economy, CEPS