Treating Substance Abuse Disorder During the COVID-19 PandemicVirtual event hosted by the National Association of Attorneys General
This event will feature Bridget Dooling and Laura Stanley.
The webinar will provide the attorney general community and other stakeholders with an update on increased flexibilities in treatment delivery (e.g., telehealth services) for substance use disorder treatment during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic, highlighting specific policy and legal considerations. Specifically, the webinar will provide the following:
- An overview of the federal-level policies that allow for flexibilities during the COVID-19 pandemic in telehealth services and take-home flexibilities for substance use treatment (including buprenorphine and methadone access).
- The impacts of increased use of telehealth and take-home flexibilities on persons who use drugs and their providers (e.g., access to treatment, rates of overdose).
- Policy implications and other key considerations for the attorney general community.
- Amanda Bowes, MPH, Health Policy Analyst, National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG)
- Jenna Bluestein, MPH, Senior Associate, Substance Use Prevention and Treatment Initiative
- Bridget C.E. Dooling, Research Professor, George Washington Regulatory Studies Center
- Laura E. Stanley, Senior Policy Analyst, George Washington Regulatory Studies Center
- Dr. Elizabeth A. Samuels, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Brown Emergency Medicine, Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Read our related reports:
- This webinar is free and open to the public. If you have any questions, please contact Chelsey Shelton at [email protected].
- Registration deadline is Wednesday, June 16 at noon EDT.
- If you have created your NAAG account and receive an error message when trying to register, please make sure you have entered your organization under your profile. You may need to wait up to 24 hours after your account is verified by your office before being able to register for this webinar.
- NAAG will apply for CLE for attendees eligible under CLE accrediting body guidelines.